Vision and Values
At Co-op Academy Southfield we value our students and their uniqueness.
We will never let anything get in the way of our high aspirations for them.
To make sure that they achieve all that they are capable of, we will ensure that our curriculum is literacy rich and is broad and balanced so that the students have exposure to a curriculum that engages and challenges them regardless of their background. Our curriculum will be sequenced so that the students are taught firm foundations and that subsequent learning builds upon what the students already know and can do. We want the students to become responsible citizens who can make positive contributions in adulthood and so we ensure that they are fully equipped with the skills and knowledge to thrive in modern Britain. We will make sure that they are supported in a range of situations external to the school environment too so that we are contributing to their personal development as well as their academic development. The Co-op Values will be the golden thread running through our endeavours and our approaches.
Our Trust is committed to the values shared by co-operatives everywhere:
- Self-help – helping ourselves to improve and make a positive contribution
- Self-responsibility – taking responsibility for and answering to our actions
- Democracy – having a say in how we run our academy
- Equality – ensuring everyone’s voice can be heard
- Equity – being fair and unbiased so that everyone has an equal chance
- Solidarity – sharing interests and a common purpose
We demonstrate our ethical values in everything we do:
- Openness – we believe in being open with colleagues in our schools and beyond, children and their families, sharing information and ideas to raise standards and life chances
- Honesty – we act in a professional and respectful manner in our dealings with everyone
- Social responsibility – we maximise our impact on the people in our communities while minimising our footprint on the world
- Caring for Others – we treat everyone as we wish to be treated ourselves, understanding that children only have one childhood
We live the ‘Ways of Being Co-op’:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
Our Co-op Commitment